Florida Atlantic 57
(12-16, 3-12 away)
LA Lafayette 58
(10-17, 9-4 home)
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, February 16, 2013
||G Gantt 18
||J McCoy 17
||J McCoy 3
||S Long 16
||E Payton 8
||E Payton 5
Louisiana won a nail-biter over Florida Atlantic 58-57 in conference play in a game where they turned the ball over only nine times. The Ragin Cajuns tie the season series against Florida Atlantic at 1-1 with the win. The Ragin Cajuns got the win with 14 points and eight rebounds (5 Ast 5 Stl) from Elfrid Payton. Shawn Long also had a great game, scoring a team-high 16 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Owls, Jordan McCoy finished with eight points and 17 rebounds. Louisiana (10-17, 6-10 Sun Belt) takes on Troy (11-16, 6-10 Sun Belt) on Thursday, Feb. 21 at home.
Louisiana Game Notes
- The last time ULL started the season 10-17 was 2008.
- The Ragin Cajuns have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Louisiana is 35-39 in close games.
- The Ragin Cajuns set a season high for blocks (eight).
- ULL set a season low for assists (six).
- This is the 13th game at home this season--ULL has a 7.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Shawn Long and Elfrid Payton) accounted for 51.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Shawn Long and Elfrid Payton) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Shawn Long has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 23 times in 27 games this season.
- Elfrid Payton has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Elfrid Payton had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Shawn Long has three straight double-digit point games.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- The Owls have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida Atlantic is 32-30 in close games.
- Jordan McCoy recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17.
- Greg Gantt accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Jordan McCoy accounted for 36.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring 24 times in 28 games this season.
- Jordan McCoy has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 25 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan McCoy recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan McCoy set career highs with 17 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.