Morehead State won by a slim margin against Tennessee Tech 65-63 in conference action on Saturday, Feb. 16. The Eagles got the win with a team-high 13 points and nine rebounds from Chad Posthumus. Angelo Warner also had a decent showing, scoring 12 points and adding four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Jud Dillard got a double-double for the Golden Eagles with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Morehead State (13-14, 7-6 OVC) gets Murray State (18-7, 9-4 OVC) on their home court on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Morehead State Game Notes
- The last time MSU started the season 13-14 was 1998.
- The Eagles have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Morehead State is 24-24 in close games.
- The Eagles have won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Morehead State has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) when its field goal percentage has been 45.8 percent or better.
- MSU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- This season Morehead State has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Angelo Warner has four assists or more.
- Morehead State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--MSU has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Posthumus and Kahlil Owens) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 27 games this season.
Tennessee Tech Game Notes
- The Golden Eagles have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee Tech is 28-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jeremiah Samarrippas and Jud Dillard) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Jud Dillard accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremiah Samarrippas has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Jud Dillard has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- Jud Dillard recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jud Dillard has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Jud Dillard recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 26th of his career.
- Jeremiah Samarrippas has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dennis Ogbe.