Missouri State 54
(8-19, 1-13 away)
Southern Illinois 62
(11-15, 7-5 home)
Venue: SIU Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
||A Downing 20
||K Pickens 8
||A Downing 3
||J Early 20
||D Daniels 5
||D Jackson 4
Missouri State faced off with Southern Illinois on Saturday, Feb. 16 and got beat at home by the Salukis 62-54 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Bears got six points and eight rebounds from Keith Pickens. Anthony Downing had a game-high 20 points and added three rebounds. Jeff Early got a team-high 20 points and three rebounds for the Salukis. Missouri State (8-19, 6-9 The Valley) gets Northern Iowa (15-11, 8-6 The Valley) on their home court on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Missouri State Game Notes
- Missouri State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-12) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Bears have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after having a three-point percentage of 18.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.2 percent or better this season, Missouri State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Missouri State has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- Anthony Downing accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's points.
- Keith Pickens accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- Keith Pickens has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Anthony Downing's career.
- Keith Pickens had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nathan Scheer.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Jeff Early accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Jeff Early has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Jeff Early's career.
|B-||A. Beane Jr.||28||8||5||1||0||0||0|