Southern Illinois defeated Missouri State 62-54 in conference action on Saturday, Feb. 16. With the win, the Salukis tie the season series against Missouri State at 1-1. Jeff Early had an impressive game for the Salukis and put up a team-high 20 points and three rebounds. Dantiel Daniels had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Bears, Keith Pickens finished with six points and eight rebounds. Southern Illinois (11-15, 4-11 The Valley) gets Creighton (21-6, 10-5 The Valley) on the road on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois started 11-15 during the 2010 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- SIU beat the spread by three points. That makes the 12th time this season the Salukis have beaten the spread.
- The Salukis have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- SIU has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 43.5 percent field goal percentage.
- SIU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record three or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Southern Illinois has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Anthony Beane Jr. has five rebounds or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Jeff Early has three steals or more.
- Southern Illinois has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SIU has a 2.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jeff Early accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Jeff Early has led the team in scoring in eight out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Jeff Early's career.
Missouri State Game Notes
- Anthony Downing accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's points.
- Keith Pickens accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in scoring 15 times in 27 games this season.
- Keith Pickens has led the team in rebounding nine times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Anthony Downing's career.
- Keith Pickens set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nathan Scheer.