Jacksonville State 67
(15-10, 7-7 away)
Eastern Kentucky 80
(21-6, 14-1 home)
Venue: Alumni Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||T Gaines 21
||R Boggs 8
||B Williams 7
||G Cosey 21
||T Johnson 11
||C Walden 5
Jacksonville State faced off with Eastern Kentucky on Saturday, Feb. 16 and lost in front of the home crowd against the Colonels 80-67 in conference play. The Gamecocks are now 0-2 against Eastern Kentucky this season. The Gamecocks got a good performance from Brian Williams, who put up 17 points and seven assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). Tarvin Gaines had a game-high 21 points and added four rebounds. For the Colonels, Corey Walden finished with 19 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). Jacksonville State (15-10, 7-7 OVC) gets Southeast Missouri State (14-13, 6-7 OVC) at home on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- Jacksonville State has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- Jacksonville State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- Tarvin Gaines accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- Ronnie Boggs accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tarvin Gaines has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- Ronnie Boggs has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Brian Williams has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Tarvin Gaines's career.
- Tarvin Gaines has 11 straight double-digit point games.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- Tarius Johnson recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with nine.
- The top two scorers (Glenn Cosey and Corey Walden) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Tarius Johnson accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Glenn Cosey has led the team in scoring 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Tarius Johnson has led the team in rebounding eight times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Glenn Cosey's career.
- Glenn Cosey has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tarius Johnson recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tarius Johnson recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Eric Stutz has five straight double-digit point games.