St. Francis (NY) 64
(10-15, 6-10 away)
(10-17, 5-6 home)
Venue: Multipurpose Activity Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
|St. Francis (NY)
|St. Francis (NY)
||T Nichols 20
||J Cannon 7
||B Jones 5
||J Steele 26
||T O`Garro 9
||J Steele 8
St. Francis (NY) took a home loss to Monmouth 73-64 in conference play on a night when they were outshot 56.5 percent-36.1 percent by the Hawks. With the loss, the Terriers stay winless against Monmouth this season at 0-2. The Terriers were paced by Travis Nichols, who put up a team-high 20 points and five rebounds. Jalen Cannon had 10 points and added seven rebounds. Jesse Steele got a game-high 26 points and eight assists for the Hawks. St. Francis (NY) (10-15, 6-8 NEC) welcomes Wagner (15-10, 9-5 NEC) on Thursday, Feb. 21.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- St. Francis (NY) started 10-15 during the 2009, 2005, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- St. Francis (NY) has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- The Terriers have lost 82 percent of the time this season (2-9) after having a three-point percentage of 29.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5 percent or better this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- Travis Nichols accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jalen Cannon and Akeem Johnson) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (41) than the starters (23).
- Travis Nichols has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Travis Nichols's career.
Monmouth Game Notes
- Jesse Steele accounted for 35.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyrone O`Garro and Ed Waite) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Jesse Steele has led the team in scoring 10 times in 27 games this season.
- Tyrone O`Garro has led the team in rebounding six times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jesse Steele's career.
- Jesse Steele set a career high with 10 free throws made.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Ed Waite's career.
- Ed Waite has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Dion Nesmith.