UC Riverside 35
(5-20, 1-13 away)
Long Beach State 75
(16-9, 10-2 home)
Venue: The Walter Pyramid
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
|Long Beach State
||T Johns 10
||L Devenny 6
||R Smith 3
|Long Beach State
||T Freeland 14
||T Freeland 5
||J Ennis 4
In a game where the Highlanders mustered only 23.9 percent from the floor, Long Beach State easily got past UC Riverside 75-35 in Big West play. The 49ers remain undefeated against UC Riverside this season at 2-0. The 49ers were led by Dan Jennings, who put up seven points and four rebounds. Tony Freeland also contributed, scoring a game-high 14 points and adding five rebounds. For the Highlanders, Taylor Johns got a team-high 10 points and five rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the 49ers. Long Beach State (16-9, 12-2 Big West) takes on UC Davis (10-13, 6-6 Big West) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on their home court.
Long Beach State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:17 left to go.
- The win over UC Riverside extended the Long Beach State winning streak to three games.
- LBSU beat the spread by 27.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the 49ers have beaten the spread.
- This was the third blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, LBSU has been on the winning end of 18 blowout games.
- The 49ers have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Long Beach State has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7 percent or better.
- LBSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Long Beach State has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Tony Freeland has 14 points or more and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when James Ennis has four assists or more.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--LBSU has a 9.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tony Freeland has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- James Ennis has 25 straight double-digit point games.
UC Riverside Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UCR has been on the losing end of 19 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Highlanders losing streak to seven games.
- The top two scorers (Taylor Johns and Josh Fox) accounted for 48.5 percent of the points.
- Josh Fox has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 25 games this season.