(14-12, 6-8 away)
(19-8, 10-4 home)
Venue: Recreation and Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Nwakamma 12
||P U`u 5
||J Peterson 3
||J Iati 18
||S Rowley 6
||P Hooley 3
On a night when they outshot the Hawks 55.3 percent-31.5 percent, Albany smoked Hartford 75-49 in America East play. Albany was up big at the break, 40-20, and didn't let up in the second half. With a record of 2-0, the Great Danes remain unbeaten against Hartford this season. The Great Danes were led by Jacob Iati, who put up a game-high 18 points and two rebounds. John Puk had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Hawks, Corban Wroe got a season-high eight points and two rebounds. Albany (19-8, 8-5 America East) gets Boston University (14-11, 8-4 America East) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Albany Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:28 left to go.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Albany has been on the winning end of 15 blowout games.
- The Great Danes have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 10 or more three-pointers.
- Albany has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 49 or fewer total points.
- Albany has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.9 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Albany has won 72 percent of the time (13-5) when Mike Black has 14 points or more, 74 percent of the time (14-5) when Jacob Iati plays 34 minutes or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when John Puk has five rebounds or more.
- The Great Danes set season highs for steals (12) and turnovers (18).
- The last time Albany recorded at least 12 steals was Dec 17, 2011 against Cornell.
- The Great Danes have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Albany has a 6.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jacob Iati and Mike Black) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- Jacob Iati has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Sam Rowley has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- Jacob Iati had a career high with four steals.
- Jayson Guerrier had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Hartford Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Hartford has been on the losing end of 28 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Mark Nwakamma and Nate Sikma) accounted for 44.8 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (10).
- Mark Nwakamma has led the team in scoring 17 times in 26 games this season.
- Mark Nwakamma has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nate Sikma.