(6-22, 1-14 away)
North Dakota State 75
(20-7, 12-1 home)
Venue: Bison Sports Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
|North Dakota State
||L Gaines 14
||S Esposito 8
||S Esposito 2
|North Dakota State
||K Brown 12
||J Aaberg 8
||L Alexander 4
IUPUI forced only four turnovers and was thumped by North Dakota State 75-39 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The game was never competitive, as North Dakota State went up 41-19 at the half and never looked back. The Jaguars are now 0-2 against North Dakota State this season. The Jaguars got a game-high 14 points and three rebounds from Lyonell Gaines. Mitchell Patton scored six points and added three rebounds. Lawrence Alexander finished with 10 points and four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl) for the Bison. The Jaguars have currently lost 12 games straight. IUPUI (5-22, 1-13 Summit League) hosts Milwaukee (6-21, 2-11 Horizon) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
IUPUI Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:14 left to go.
- IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording three or fewer free throws made.
- IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- The Jaguars have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a three-point percentage of 30.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time (0-20).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.2 percent or better this season, IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time (0-18).
- IUPUI set season lows for assists (seven) and total points (39).
- IUPUI has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- Lyonell Gaines accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Sean Esposito and Donovan Gibbs) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Sean Esposito had career highs with eight rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in scoring six times in 27 games this season.
- Lawrence Alexander has four straight double-digit point games.