(19-7, 8-5 away)
(6-19, 4-9 home)
Venue: McAlister Field House
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
||N Cochran 18
||C Czerapowicz 4
||J Kuhlman 7
||M Groselle 21
||P Horgan 10
||R Robinson 7
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Davidson took on Citadel and punished the Bulldogs 72-57 in SoCon play. Davidson was up big at the break, 37-20, and didn't let up in the second half. Citadel fell way behind at halftime, 37-20, and was never able to get back in it. With the win, the Wildcats stay undefeated against Citadel this season at 2-0. The Wildcats were led by Nik Cochran, who got a team-high 18 points and four assists. Chris Czerapowicz had 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Mike Groselle got a game-high 21 points and two rebounds. The Wildcats have now won 10 games straight. Davidson (19-7, 14-1 SoCon) takes on Furman (6-19, 3-11 SoCon) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at home.
Davidson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:06 left to go.
- The last time Davidson started the season 19-7 was 2004.
- The win over Citadel extended the Davidson winning streak to 10 games.
- Davidson has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.1 percent or better.
- The Wildcats have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Davidson has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- This season Davidson has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Jake Cohen has 13 points or more, 75 percent of the time (12-4) when Nik Cochran plays 30 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when J.P. Kuhlman has seven assists or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Nik Cochran and Chris Czerapowicz) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Nik Cochran has led the team in scoring in four out of 26 games this season.
- Chris Czerapowicz has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- Jake Cohen has eight straight double-digit point games.
Citadel Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to four games.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 36.8 percent of the team's points.
- P.J. Horgan accounted for 41.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 12 times in 25 games this season.
- P.J. Horgan has led the team in rebounding eight times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Mike Groselle's career.
- Mike Groselle set a career high with 10 field goals made.
- P.J. Horgan recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- P.J. Horgan recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
|C+||Matt Van Scyoc||34||6||1||3||1||2||3|
|C||M. Harris III||33||5||0||3||0||0||2|