Loyola (MD) 80
(19-9, 7-6 away)
(6-21, 4-9 home)
Venue: Times Union Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||D Cormier 24
||E Etherly 6
||A Winbush 5
||T Burdine 12
||O Anosike 7
||E Hymes 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Loyola (MD) took on Siena and waxed the Saints 80-57 in conference play. With the win, the Greyhounds stay undefeated against Siena this season at 2-0. The Greyhounds were led by Dylon Cormier, who put up a game-high 24 points and four rebounds. Robert Olson also had an excellent outing, scoring 20 points and adding four rebounds. O.D Anosike finished with 10 points and seven rebounds for the Saints. Next up for Loyola (MD) (19-9, 11-5 MAAC) is Tennessee State (15-11, 9-4 OVC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:40 left to go.
- LMDU beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Greyhounds have beaten the spread.
- This was the third blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, LMDU has been on the winning end of nine blowout games.
- The Greyhounds have won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- Loyola (MD) has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- LMDU has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- LMDU has won every game this season (13-0) after holding an opponent to under 41.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Loyola (MD) has won 79 percent of the time (15-4) when Erik Etherly has 11 points or more, 71 percent of the time (17-7) when Robert Olson plays 30 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Julius Brooks has five field goals made or more.
- The Greyhounds set a season high for three-pointers (eight).
- The last time LMDU recorded at least eight three-pointers was Feb 05, 2012 against St. Peter's.
- Loyola (MD) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- The top two scorers (Dylon Cormier and Robert Olson) accounted for 55.0 percent of the points.
- Dylon Cormier has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 28 games this season.
- Erik Etherly has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Dylon Cormier's career.
- Dylon Cormier had a career high with five steals.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Robert Olson's career.
- Robert Olson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Winbush had a career high with five assists.
- R.J. Williams had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Siena Game Notes
- This was the sixth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Siena has been on the losing end of 11 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Saints losing streak to five games.
- The top two rebounders (O.D Anosike and Trenity Burdine) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in rebounding 26 times in 27 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Trenity Burdine.