(16-9, 5-5 away)
(10) Kansas State 81
(20-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Bramlage Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||A Walton 14
||R Gathers 6
||P Jackson 9
||A Rodriguez 22
||J Henriquez 10
||A Rodriguez 10
On Saturday, Feb. 16, No. 10 Kansas State turned the ball over just six times and easily defeated Baylor 81-61 in conference play. The Wildcats got a double-double out of Angel Rodriguez with a career-high 22 points and 10 assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Shane Southwell was sharp from three-point range, going 6 for 9 on the way to 18 points (5 Reb 3 Ast). For the Bears, Pierre Jackson finished with seven points and nine assists. Kansas State (19-5, 8-3 Big 12) takes on West Virginia (13-12, 6-6 Big 12) on Monday, Feb. 18 at home.
Kansas State Game Notes
- K-State beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the sixth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, K-State has been on the winning end of 40 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Kansas State has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 44.0 percent or better.
- K-State has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Kansas State has won 79 percent of the time (15-4) when Rodney McGruder has 10 points or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Jordan Henriquez has four field goals made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Shane Southwell has five rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- K-State set a season low for turnovers (six).
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--K-State has a 18.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shane Southwell recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six.
- Angel Rodriguez tallied a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Angel Rodriguez and Shane Southwell) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- Jordan Henriquez accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Angel Rodriguez has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- Jordan Henriquez has led the team in rebounding in four out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Angel Rodriguez's career.
- Angel Rodriguez has four straight double-digit point games.
- Angel Rodriguez recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Angel Rodriguez had career highs with 22 points, seven field goals made, and 10 assists.
- Shane Southwell had a career high with six three-pointers.
- Jordan Henriquez recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Henriquez recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fourth of his career.
- Rodney McGruder has four straight double-digit point games.
Baylor Game Notes
- The top two scorers (A.J. Walton and Isaiah Austin) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in rebounding six times in 25 games this season.
- A.J. Walton set a career high with six field goals made.