Northwestern State 84
(18-6, 7-5 away)
Nicholls State 79
(6-17, 4-5 home)
Venue: Stopher Gym
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||B White 15
||J Hulbin 5
||D Hicks 4
||F Hunter 24
||F Hunter 10
||A Torres 2
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Nicholls State took on Northwestern State and lost in front of the home crowd against the Demons 84-79 in conference play. With the loss, the Colonels even the season series against Northwestern State at 1-1. Fred Hunter secured a double-double for the Colonels including a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds. Dantrell Thomas had 22 points and added eight rebounds. Brison White finished with a team-high 15 points for the Demons. The Colonels are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for Nicholls State (6-17, 5-8 SLC) is Lamar (3-21, 1-11 SLC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on the road.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- Nicholls State started 6-17 during the 2007, 2004, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Colonels have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Nicholls State is 20-26 in close games.
- Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- The Colonels have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 15.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.7 percent or better this season, Nicholls State has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- Nicholls State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Colonels opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--Nicholls State has a -1.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Hunter and Dantrell Thomas) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 15 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Fred Hunter has five straight 20+ point games.
- Fred Hunter recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and ninth of his career.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Dantrell Thomas's career.
- Linden Smith-Hyde had a career high with seven rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Amin Torres.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (53) than the starters (31).
- Brison White has led the team in scoring three times in 24 games this season.
- James Hulbin has led the team in rebounding nine times in 24 games this season.