Northwestern State 84
(18-6, 7-5 away)
Nicholls State 79
(6-17, 4-5 home)
Venue: Stopher Gym
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||B White 15
||J Hulbin 5
||D Hicks 4
||F Hunter 24
||F Hunter 10
||A Torres 2
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Northwestern State took on Nicholls State and got a road win against the Colonels 84-79 in SLC action. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Demons got the win with a team-high 15 points from Brison White in 24 minutes. Jalan West had eight points and added four rebounds. Fred Hunter recorded a double-double for the Colonels with a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds. The Demons are on an eight-game win streak. Northwestern State (18-6, 12-2 SLC) takes on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (4-18, 3-9 SLC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on the road.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- The last time NSU started the season 18-6 was 2005.
- The win over Nicholls State extended the Northwestern State winning streak to eight games.
- The Demons have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Northwestern State is 27-16 in close games.
- Northwestern State has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.7 percent or better.
- The Demons have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 13 or more steals.
- Northwestern State has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- NSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record three or fewer three-pointers.
- NSU has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 15.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Northwestern State has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Gary Roberson has 11 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Brison White has four field goals made or more, and 84 percent of the time (16-3) when James Hulbin has five rebounds or more.
- NSU set season lows for three-pointers (one) and three-point percentage (5.9).
- The Demons have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 15 games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Demons came back after being down at halftime.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (53) than the starters (31).
- Brison White has led the team in scoring in three out of 24 games this season.
- James Hulbin has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 24 games this season.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- The Colonels have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Nicholls State is 20-26 in close games.
- This loss extended the Colonels losing streak to five games.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Hunter and Dantrell Thomas) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 15 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Fred Hunter has five straight 20+ point games.
- Fred Hunter recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and ninth of his career.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Dantrell Thomas's career.
- Linden Smith-Hyde set a career high with seven rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Amin Torres.