In a game where they scored 36 points from beyond the three-point line, LSU beat Mississippi State 80-68 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Tigers stay undefeated against Mississippi State this season. Johnny O`Bryant III earned a double-double for the Tigers including 10 points and 11 rebounds. Charles Carmouche was active from three-point range, going 5 for 8 to get to a season-high 21 points overall. Craig Sword finished with a season-high 25 points on 64.3 percent shooting for the Bulldogs. Next up for LSU (15-8, 6-6 SEC) is Tennessee (15-10, 6-6 SEC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on the road.
LSU Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:28 left to go.
- The last time LSU started the season 15-8 was 2004.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- LSU has won 81 percent of the time this season (13-3) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- This season LSU has won 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Andre Stringer has 10 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Anthony Hickey has six assists or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Andrew Del Piero has three blocks or more.
- The Tigers set season highs for assists (24), three-pointers (12), and three-point percentage (54.5).
- The last time LSU recorded at least 24 assists was Dec 13, 2008 against Grambling State.
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- LSU has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--LSU has a 7.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Charles Carmouche and Andrew Del Piero) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Charles Carmouche has led the team in scoring in four out of 23 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 13th of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III had a career high with eight assists.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Charles Carmouche's career.
- Charles Carmouche had a career high with five three-pointers.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 10 games.
- Craig Sword recorded a team season high in points with 25 and field goals made with nine.
- Craig Sword accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Ware and Colin Borchert) accounted for 45.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Craig Sword has led the team in scoring five times in 24 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Craig Sword's career.