Mississippi State 68
(7-17, 1-10 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||C Sword 25
||G Ware 7
||C Sword 4
||C Carmouche 21
||J O`Bryant III 11
||J O`Bryant III 8
Mississippi State took a home loss to LSU 80-68 in conference play in a game where the Tigers scored 36 points from behind the arc. The Bulldogs are now 0-2 against LSU this season. Craig Sword got a season-high 25 points on 64.3 percent shooting in the loss. Colin Borchert had 11 points and added four rebounds (4 Stl 3 Blk). Johnny O`Bryant III registered a double-double for the Tigers on 10 points and 11 rebounds. The Bulldogs are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Mississippi State (7-17, 2-10 SEC) heads to Alabama (17-8, 9-3 SEC).
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:28 left to go.
- MState beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 24 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 12 or more three-pointers this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- MState set a season low for turnovers (nine).
- Mississippi State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- Craig Sword recorded a team season high in points with 25 and field goals made with nine.
- Craig Sword accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Ware and Colin Borchert) accounted for 45.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Craig Sword has led the team in scoring in five out of 24 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Craig Sword's career.
LSU Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Charles Carmouche and Andrew Del Piero) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Charles Carmouche has led the team in scoring four times in 23 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 23 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 13th of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III set a career high with eight assists.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Charles Carmouche's career.
- Charles Carmouche set a career high with five three-pointers.
|A+||J. O`Bryant III||36||10||11||8||0||1||2|
|B||A. Del Piero||25||13||4||0||0||3||1|