Chattanooga was trounced by Wofford 78-58 in conference play on a night when the Terriers scored 33 points from three-point territory. Chattanooga was never really in this one, as they trailed 45-27 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. Z Mason put up a team-high 24 points and six rebounds in the Mocs loss. Gee McGhee had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Terriers, Karl Cochran got a career-high 30 points (5 Reb 4 Ast), including 6-of-12 shooting from three-point range. Chattanooga (11-16, 6-8 SoCon) takes on North Carolina-Greensboro (7-17, 5-8 SoCon) on Thursday, Feb. 21 on their home court.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:42 left to go.
- Chattanooga has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- The Mocs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Chattanooga has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Chattanooga has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Chattanooga has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- UTC set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Z Mason accounted for 41.3 percent of the team's points.
- Z Mason has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 27 games this season.
- Gee McGhee has led the team in rebounding in four out of 27 games this season.
- Gee McGhee has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Z Mason's career.
- Z Mason had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Wofford Game Notes
- Karl Cochran recorded a team season high in points with 30.
- Karl Cochran accounted for 38.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarell Byrd and Karl Cochran) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Karl Cochran has led the team in scoring 12 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Karl Cochran's career.
- Karl Cochran set career highs with 30 points and six three-pointers.