Saint Mary's 61
(22-5, 8-3 away)
Loyola Marymount 50
(8-18, 5-7 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||S Holt 16
||M Young 8
||J Page 4
||A Ireland 19
||A Hamilton 11
||A Ireland 2
Loyola Marymount lost on their home court to Saint Mary's 61-50 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. With the loss, the Lions stay winless against Saint Mary's this season at 0-2. The Lions got a double-double out of Ashley Hamilton with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Anthony Ireland had a game-high 19 points. Stephen Holt finished with a team-high 16 points and four rebounds for the Gaels. The Lions have currently lost 10 games straight. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 21 when Loyola Marymount (8-18, 1-12 West Coast) hosts San Francisco (11-15, 4-9 West Coast).
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- The last time LMU started the season 8-18 was 2000.
- LMU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 8th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 50 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 30.4 percent or worse.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 82 percent of the time this season (2-9) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.5 percent or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition records 13 or more assists this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- LMU set season lows for blocks (zero) and field goals made (14).
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--LMU has a 2.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Ireland recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13.
- Ashley Hamilton tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 22 out of 26 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Ireland had career highs with 13 free throws made and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Ashley Hamilton.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and sixth of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Chase Flint.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Stephen Holt and Jorden Page) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in scoring seven times in 27 games this season.
- Mitchell Young has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 27 games this season.
|-||J. Walker III||9||0||2||0||0||0||1|