(18-7, 4-5 away)
Saint Louis 76
(19-5, 15-2 home)
Venue: Chaifetz Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||P Henry 15
||W Clayton 8
||P Henry 3
||C Ellis 18
||D Evans 7
||M McCall Jr 5
Charlotte allowed 33 points from three-point territory to Saint Louis and was crushed by the Billikens 76-58 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The 49ers were paced by Willie Clayton, who put up 14 points and eight rebounds. Pierra Henry had 15 points and added five rebounds. Cody Ellis finished with a game-high 18 points and three rebounds for the Billikens. Charlotte (18-6, 6-4 A-10) gets Temple (17-8, 6-5 A-10) at home on Sunday, Feb. 24.
Charlotte Game Notes
- Charlotte started 18-7 during the 2009, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Charlotte has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Charlotte has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Charlotte has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Charlotte has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Charlotte set a season low for three-pointers (one).
- The 49ers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Pierra Henry and Willie Clayton) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Pierra Henry has led the team in scoring in five out of 25 games this season.
- Willie Clayton has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Pierra Henry.
- Willie Clayton has three straight double-digit point games.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Cody Ellis and Jordair Jett) accounted for 44.7 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (47) than the starters (29).
- Cody Ellis has led the team in scoring five times in 24 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 24 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Rob Loe.
|B||Mike McCall Jr||28||4||5||5||2||0||1|