Saint Mary's 61
(22-5, 8-3 away)
Loyola Marymount 50
(8-18, 5-7 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||S Holt 16
||M Young 8
||J Page 4
||A Ireland 19
||A Hamilton 11
||A Ireland 2
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Saint Mary's got a road victory against Loyola Marymount 61-50 in West Coast play. With the win, the Gaels remain unbeaten against Loyola Marymount this season at 2-0. The Gaels got the win with a team-high 16 points and four rebounds from Stephen Holt. Matthew Dellavedova had eight points and added five rebounds. Ashley Hamilton registered a double-double for the Lions on 13 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Saint Mary's (22-5, 11-2 West Coast) is Brigham Young (18-8, 8-4 West Coast) on Thursday, Feb. 21 on their home court.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- Saint Mary's started 22-5 during the 2010, 2009, and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- The Gaels have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Saint Mary's has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- SMC has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- SMC has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Stephen Holt has 16 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Matthew Dellavedova plays 37 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Jorden Page has four field goals made or more.
- SMC set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Gaels have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Saint Mary's has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Stephen Holt and Jorden Page) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Mitchell Young has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 27 games this season.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- This loss extended the Lions losing streak to 10 games.
- Anthony Ireland recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13.
- Ashley Hamilton tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 22 times in 26 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding seven times in 26 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Ireland set career highs with 13 free throws made and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Ashley Hamilton.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and sixth of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton set a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Chase Flint.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
|-||J. Walker III||9||0||2||0||0||0||1|