Southern Miss 86
(20-6, 10-5 away)
East Carolina 82
(14-10, 11-4 home)
Venue: Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||D Davis 23
||J Mills 8
||N Watson 3
||A Richmond 25
||R Sampson 13
||M Paul 8
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Southern Miss took on East Carolina and won on the road against the Pirates 86-82 in overtime. The Golden Eagles were led by Jonathan Mills, who got 14 points and eight rebounds. Neil Watson had 17 points and added eight rebounds. Miguel Paul got 22 points (8 Ast 4 Reb) for the Pirates, making 5 of 15 from three-point range. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Southern Miss (20-6, 9-2 C-USA) welcomes Texas-El Paso (13-10, 6-4 C-USA).
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The last time USM started the season 20-6 was 2010.
- Southern Miss has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Golden Eagles have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 9-4.
- The Golden Eagles have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Southern Miss is 31-25 in close games.
- The Golden Eagles have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 86 or more total points.
- Southern Miss has won every game this season (14-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Southern Miss has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- USM has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Southern Miss has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Jonathan Mills has 14 points or more, 93 percent of the time (14-1) when Jerrold Brooks has four field goals made or more, and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Daveon Boardingham has five rebounds or more.
- The Golden Eagles set a season high for free throws made (23).
- USM set season lows for three-pointers (one) and three-point percentage (11.1).
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Southern Miss has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Golden Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- Dwayne Davis recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine and free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Dwayne Davis and Neil Watson) accounted for 46.5 percent of the points.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Neil Watson had a career high with eight rebounds.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has three straight 20+ point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Daveon Boardingham.
East Carolina Game Notes
- The Pirates have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, East Carolina is 20-25 in close games.
- Akeem Richmond recorded a team season high in three-pointers with eight and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Miguel Paul tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 15.
- Akeem Richmond accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- Robert Sampson accounted for 43.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Akeem Richmond has led the team in scoring four times in 24 games this season.
- Robert Sampson has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Miguel Paul's career.
- Miguel Paul has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Miguel Paul.
- Miguel Paul set a career high with five three-pointers.
- Robert Sampson recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Robert Sampson recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and eighth of his career.
- Maurice Kemp set a career high with six assists.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Akeem Richmond's career.
- Akeem Richmond set career highs with 25 points, eight field goals made, and eight three-pointers.