(17-8, 6-5 away)
(16-8, 10-5 home)
Venue: William D. Mullins Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||K Wyatt 24
||R Hollis-Jefferson 11
||R Hollis-Jefferson 8
||F Riley 17
||C Lalanne 12
||C Williams 13
Massachusetts faced off with Temple on Saturday, Feb. 16 and let one slip to the Owls 83-82 in conference play. Chaz Williams got 16 points and 13 assists for the Minutemen, earning a double-double. Cady Lalanne played his way to a double-double as well with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson got a double-double for the Owls on 10 points and 11 rebounds. Massachusetts (16-8, 6-5 A-10) gets St. Bonaventure (11-12, 4-6 A-10) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The Minutemen have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Massachusetts is 34-26 in close games.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Massachusetts has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Massachusetts has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.4 percent or better this season, Massachusetts has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Minutemen set season highs for assists (23) and field goals made (31).
- The last time UMASS recorded at least 23 assists was Dec 30, 2011 against Central Connecticut State.
- UMASS set a season low for steals (three).
- The Minutemen have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Minutemen opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UMASS has a 7.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Chaz Williams recorded a team season high in assists with 13.
- The top two scorers (Freddie Riley and Chaz Williams) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cady Lalanne and Chaz Williams) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 24 games this season.
- This game was the 11th double-digit assist game of Chaz Williams's career.
- Chaz Williams recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and ninth of his career.
- Chaz Williams had a career high with 13 assists.
- Freddie Riley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cady Lalanne recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cady Lalanne recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
Temple Game Notes
- The Owls won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Temple is 40-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Khalif Wyatt and Anthony Lee) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring 16 times in 25 games this season.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson has led the team in rebounding four times in 25 games this season.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson set a career high with eight assists.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has five straight 20+ point games.