Coppin State 43
(5-21, 3-13 away)
Delaware State 57
(11-13, 7-2 home)
Venue: Memorial Hall
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||T Cephas 14
||M Murray 9
||T Cephas 3
||T Tate 14
||M Oliver 6
||A Thomas 4
Delaware State defeated Coppin State 57-43 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The Hornets got the win with a team-high 14 points and five rebounds from Tahj Tate. Miles Bowman had seven points and added five rebounds. For the Eagles, Taariq Cephas finished with a game-high 14 points and three rebounds. Delaware State (11-13, 6-4 MEAC) takes on Morgan State (9-13, 6-5 MEAC) on Monday, Feb. 18 at home.
Delaware State Game Notes
- Delaware State started 11-13 during the 2007, 2004, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Delaware State has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its three-point percentage has been 39.1 percent or better.
- The Hornets have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 33 or more rebounds.
- DelSt has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.1 percent field goal percentage.
- DelSt has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Delaware State has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Tahj Tate has five rebounds or more.
- The Hornets have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--DelSt has a 13.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tahj Tate and Tyshawn Bell) accounted for 47.3 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (25).
- Tahj Tate has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Marques Oliver has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 24 games this season.
- Tahj Tate had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Coppin State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Eagles losing streak to six games.
- Taariq Cephas accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Michael Murray accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Murray has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 26 games this season.
- Michael Murray has three straight double-digit point games.
|-||B. St. Louis||4||0||0||0||0||0||0|