On Saturday, Feb. 16, Arkansas took on Missouri and got a slim victory over the Tigers 73-71 in conference action. The Razorbacks were led by Marshawn Powell, who put up a team-high 24 points and two rebounds. B.J. Young had 18 points and added five rebounds. For the Tigers, Keion Bell got a season-high 25 points and eight rebounds. Arkansas (16-9, 7-5 SEC) welcomes Georgia (11-12, 5-5 SEC) on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Arkansas Game Notes
- Arkansas started 16-9 during the 2010 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Arkansas beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Razorbacks have beaten the spread.
- The Razorbacks have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Arkansas is 23-20 in close games.
- The Razorbacks have won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after recording 16 or more assists.
- Arkansas has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record two or fewer three-pointers.
- Arkansas has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Arkansas has won 73 percent of the time (8-3) when B.J. Young has 18 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Marshawn Powell has eight field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Rashad Madden has four assists or more.
- Arkansas has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Razorbacks came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Arkansas has a 17.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Coty Clarke has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Marshawn Powell's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kikko Haydar.
Missouri Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Missouri is 21-22 in close games.
- Keion Bell accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Oriakhi and Earnest Ross) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Keion Bell has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Alex Oriakhi has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Keion Bell's career.
- Keion Bell has three straight 20+ point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Keion Bell.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded the 35th double-digit rebound game of his career.