Fresno State 51
(8-16, 3-9 away)
(18-7, 12-3 home)
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||K Foster 14
||K Foster 7
||T Johnson 3
||L Washington 14
||L Washington 13
||L Nance Jr 4
Fresno State was beaten at home by Wyoming 55-51 in overtime on Saturday, Feb. 16. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Bulldogs were paced by Tyler Johnson, who put up 13 points and seven rebounds. Kevin Foster scored 14 points and added seven rebounds. Leonard Washington recorded a double-double for the Cowboys on a team-high 14 points and 13 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Bulldogs. Fresno State (8-16, 2-9 MWC) takes on Nevada (12-12, 3-7 MWC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on the road.
Fresno State Game Notes
- Fresno State beat the spread by six points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Fresno State has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulldogs have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 3-10.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Fresno State is 16-40 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- Fresno State has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording five or fewer assists.
- Fresno State has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.0 percent or better this season, Fresno State has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Fresno State has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 11 or more assists this season, Fresno State has lost 79 percent of the time (3-11).
- The Bulldogs set a season high for rebounds (42).
- The last time Fresno State recorded at least 42 rebounds was Feb 25, 2012 against Nevada.
- Fresno State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Foster and Tyler Johnson) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in scoring in five out of 24 games this season.
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 24 games this season.
Wyoming Game Notes
- The Cowboys won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wyoming is 18-16 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Leonard Washington and Derrious Gilmore) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 41.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 16 times in 25 games this season.
- Leonard Washington recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Leonard Washington has three straight double-digit point games.
- Leonard Washington recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 17th of his career.
- Larry Nance Jr set a career high with five steals.
- Derrious Gilmore has three straight double-digit point games.
|B-||Jerry Brown Jr||28||9||6||0||1||0||1|
|B+||Larry Nance Jr||38||8||4||4||5||3||3|
|-||Derek Cooke Jr||9||1||2||0||0||0||0|