On Saturday, Feb. 16, Wyoming took on Fresno State and knocked off the Bulldogs 55-51 in overtime. With the win, the Cowboys even the season series against Fresno State at 1-1. Leonard Washington earned a double-double in the Cowboys win with a team-high 14 points and 13 rebounds. Larry Nance Jr also contributed, scoring eight points and adding four rebounds (5 Stl 4 Ast 3 Blk). For the Bulldogs, Tyler Johnson got 13 points and seven rebounds. Wyoming (18-7, 4-7 MWC) goes to San Diego State (18-6, 6-4 MWC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Wyoming Game Notes
- Wyoming started 18-7 during the 2011, 2001, 2000, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Wyoming has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Cowboys have played in seven overtime games with a record of 2-5.
- The Cowboys have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Wyoming is 18-16 in close games.
- The Cowboys have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Wyoming has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when its field goal percentage has been 45.0 percent or better.
- Wyoming has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- Wyoming has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record five or fewer assists.
- This season Wyoming has won 87 percent of the time (13-2) when Leonard Washington has 14 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Larry Nance Jr plays 38 minutes or more.
- The Cowboys set a season high for blocks (eight).
- Wyoming set a season low for three-pointers (two).
- The Cowboys have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Cowboys came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Wyoming has a 9.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Leonard Washington and Derrious Gilmore) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 41.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 16 times in 25 games this season.
- Leonard Washington recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Leonard Washington has three straight double-digit point games.
- Leonard Washington recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 17th of his career.
- Larry Nance Jr had a career high with five steals.
- Derrious Gilmore has three straight double-digit point games.
Fresno State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Fresno State is 16-40 in close games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Foster and Tyler Johnson) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in scoring five times in 24 games this season.
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in rebounding seven times in 24 games this season.