Northern Arizona 74
(10-16, 5-10 away)
North Dakota 72
(11-14, 8-5 home)
Venue: Sioux Center
3:05PM ET / 12:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
||G Rogers 24
||B Hamilton 7
||D Russell 5
||A Anderson 24
||T Huff 11
||J Webb 6
North Dakota faced off with Northern Arizona on Saturday, Feb. 16 and lost by a slim margin to the Lumberjacks 74-72 in overtime. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Troy Huff earned a double-double in the Fighting Sioux loss including 19 points and 11 rebounds. Aaron Anderson had a team-high 24 points and added five rebounds. For the Lumberjacks, Dewayne Russell finished with 21 points and six rebounds. North Dakota (11-14, 8-8 Big Sky) heads to Northern Colorado (8-15, 6-9 Big Sky) on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
North Dakota Game Notes
- The last time UND started the season 11-14 was 2011.
- North Dakota has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Fighting Sioux have played in six overtime games with a record of 4-2.
- The Fighting Sioux have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, North Dakota is 18-12 in close games.
- The Fighting Sioux have lost 77 percent of the time this season (3-10) after having a three-point percentage of 30.4 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, North Dakota has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, North Dakota has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- This is the second loss of the season where the Fighting Sioux opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UND has a 7.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Troy Huff recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Aaron Anderson accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Mitch Wilmer) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Anderson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- Troy Huff has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 25 games this season.
- Troy Huff recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Troy Huff has five straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Huff recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 10th of his career.
- Troy Huff had career highs with 10 defensive rebounds and five steals.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Aaron Anderson's career.
- Aaron Anderson had a career high with seven field goals made.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Shane Benton.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona is 24-28 in close games.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's points.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 14 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has five straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Dewayne Russell's career.