In a game where the Bears scored 36 points from behind the arc, East Tennessee State was blown out by Mercer 71-54 in conference play. The Buccaneers stay winless against Mercer this season at 0-2. The Buccaneers got 12 points and six rebounds from John Walton. Hunter Harris had 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Bears, Langston Hall finished with 15 points and five assists. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 21 when East Tennessee State (9-19, 7-8 Atlantic Sun) goes to North Florida (10-17, 5-9 Atlantic Sun).
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- The Buccaneers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 32.6 percent or worse.
- East Tennessee State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.7 percent or better this season, East Tennessee State has lost 92 percent of the time (1-12).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, East Tennessee State has lost 88 percent of the time (2-14).
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, East Tennessee State has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- ETSU set season lows for assists (four) and field goals made (14).
- This is the 12th game at home this season--ETSU has a -1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Hunter Harris recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine and free throws attempted with 13.
- Jarvis Jones accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Hunter Harris and John Walton) accounted for 48.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarvis Jones has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- Hunter Harris has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for John Walton.
Mercer Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Travis Smith and Langston Hall) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Travis Smith has led the team in scoring 15 times in 27 games this season.
- Bud Thomas has led the team in rebounding eight times in 27 games this season.