Fairleigh Dickinson 67
(7-20, 3-12 away)
Long Island 92
(15-11, 9-4 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Seilund 17
||K Rochford 7
||S Sanders Jr. 5
||J Olasewere 18
||K Murphy 7
||J Brickman 9
Long Island squared off with Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday, Feb. 16 and easily got by the Knights 92-67 in NEC action. The Blackbirds remain undefeated against Fairleigh Dickinson this season at 2-0. Jason Brickman paced the Blackbirds and put up six points and nine assists. Jamal Olasewere had a game-high 18 points and added seven rebounds. Mathias Seilund got a career-high 17 points for the Knights, making 5 of 6 from three-point range. Long Island (15-11, 10-4 NEC) gets Mount St. Mary's (12-13, 7-7 NEC) on the road on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Long Island Game Notes
- The win over Fairleigh Dickinson extended the Long Island winning streak to four games.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, LIU has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- The Blackbirds have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 32 or more field goals made.
- Long Island has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.8 percent or better.
- LIU has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 67 or fewer total points.
- This season Long Island has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when C.J. Garner has 15 points or more and 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Jason Brickman has nine assists or more.
- The Blackbirds have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Long Island has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the ninth game at home this season--LIU has a 10.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (24) than the starters (22).
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 19 times in 26 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Troy Joseph.
Fairleigh Dickinson Game Notes
- This was the eighth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, FDU has been on the losing end of 38 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Knights losing streak to 11 games.
- The top two scorers (Mathias Seilund and Kinu Rochford) accounted for 43.2 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (18).
- Mathias Seilund has led the team in scoring three times in 27 games this season.
- Kinu Rochford has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 27 games this season.
- Mathias Seilund set career highs with 17 points and five three-pointers.
- Kinu Rochford has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Kinu Rochford.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Xavier Harris.
|B||S. Sanders Jr.||19||4||4||5||0||0||1|