(24) Colorado State 89
(21-4, 6-4 away)
Air Force 86
(15-9, 12-2 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||D Green 22
||P Hornung 16
||P Hornung 4
||M Lyons 45
||M Fitzgerald 4
||T Fletcher 6
On Saturday, Feb. 16, No. 24 Colorado State took on Air Force and just barely slipped by the Falcons 89-86 in MWC action. With a record of 2-0, the Rams remain undefeated against Air Force this season. Pierce Hornung got 13 points and 16 rebounds for the Rams, earning a double-double. Dorian Green also had a great game, scoring a team-high 22 points and adding three assists. Michael Lyons got a mind-blowing 45 points for the Falcons, making 6 of 13 from three-point range. The Rams have now won 10 games straight. Next up for Colorado State (21-4, 8-2 MWC) is UNLV (18-7, 5-5 MWC) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on the road.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The win over Air Force extended the Colorado State winning streak to six games.
- The Rams have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Colorado State is 23-21 in close games.
- The Rams have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Colorado State has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Colorado State has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when its three-point percentage has been 35.0 percent or better.
- CSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record seven or fewer free throws made.
- This season Colorado State has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Colton Iverson has 15 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Wes Eikmeier plays 36 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Pierce Hornung has five field goals made or more.
- The Rams set a season high for field goal percentage (53.8).
- The last time CSU had a field goal percentage of 53.8 percent or higher was Mar 03, 2012 against Air Force.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 25 games.
- Colorado State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- Wes Eikmeier recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Dorian Green and Wes Eikmeier) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- Pierce Hornung accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dorian Green has led the team in scoring in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Pierce Hornung recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 11th of his career.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dorian Green's career.
- Dorian Green has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Greg Smith has three straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Air Force Game Notes
- The Falcons have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Air Force is 16-24 in close games.
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in points with 45, field goals made with 17, field goals attempted with 25, and three pointers attempted with 13.
- Michael Lyons accounted for 52.3 percent of the team's points.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 15 times in 24 games this season.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in rebounding seven times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Lyons set career highs with 45 points and 17 field goals made.