(24) Colorado State 89
(21-4, 6-4 away)
Air Force 86
(15-9, 12-2 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||D Green 22
||P Hornung 16
||P Hornung 4
||M Lyons 45
||M Fitzgerald 4
||T Fletcher 6
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Air Force lost by a slim margin to No. 24 Colorado State 89-86 in conference play. The Falcons fall to 1-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Michael Lyons was exceptional for the Falcons and got a staggering 45 points, sinking 6 of 13 from three-point range. Todd Fletcher had 11 points. Pierce Hornung registered a double-double for the Rams on 13 points and 16 rebounds. Air Force (14-9, 6-5 MWC) takes on Boise State (16-7, 4-5 MWC) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on the road.
Air Force Game Notes
- The last time AF started the season 15-9 was 2004.
- AF beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- The Falcons have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Air Force is 16-24 in close games.
- Prior to this game, AF played 19 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-17.
- When the opposition records 89 or more total points this season, Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- Air Force has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--AF has a 17.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in points with 45, field goals made with 17, field goals attempted with 25, and three pointers attempted with 13.
- Michael Lyons accounted for 52.3 percent of the team's points.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 24 games this season.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Lyons had career highs with 45 points and 17 field goals made.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The Rams won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Colorado State is 23-21 in close games.
- Wes Eikmeier recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Dorian Green and Wes Eikmeier) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- Pierce Hornung accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dorian Green has led the team in scoring nine times in 25 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 25 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Pierce Hornung recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 11th of his career.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dorian Green's career.
- Dorian Green has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Greg Smith has three straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.