Virginia Tech 86
(11-14, 2-7 away)
NC State 90
(18-7, 13-2 home)
Venue: PNC Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||E Green 29
||M Wood 16
||E Green 8
||S Wood 22
||R Howell 16
||L Brown 7
On Saturday, Feb. 16, NC State took on Virginia Tech and defeated the Hokies 90-86 in overtime. The Wolfpack were led by Scott Wood, who put up a team-high 22 points (3 Reb 3 Blk), with 18 coming from three-point range. C.J. Leslie had 16 points and added nine rebounds. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with a game-high 29 points. Next up for NC State (18-7, 7-5 ACC) is Florida State (14-11, 6-6 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at home.
NC State Game Notes
- NC State started 18-7 during the 2011, 2003, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- NC State has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Wolfpack have played in seven overtime games with a record of 4-3.
- The Wolfpack have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, NC State is 36-23 in close games.
- The Wolfpack have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 90 or more total points.
- NCSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record three or fewer blocks.
- This season NC State has won 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Richard Howell has 10 points or more, 88 percent of the time (14-2) when Lorenzo Brown has four field goals made or more, and 80 percent of the time (12-3) when C.J. Leslie has four free throws made or more.
- The Wolfpack set a season high for free throws made (31).
- The last time NCSU recorded at least 31 free throws made was Nov 21, 2011 against Texas.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Wolfpack came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--NCSU has a 12.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Scott Wood recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six.
- The top two scorers (Scott Wood and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 42.2 percent of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Scott Wood's career.
- Richard Howell recorded the 40th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 28th of his career.
- C.J. Leslie has seven straight double-digit point games.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- The Hokies have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia Tech is 33-40 in close games.
- This loss extended the Hokies losing streak to eight games.
- Marshall Wood recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16 and defensive rebounds with 14.
- Erick Green tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 24.
- Erick Green accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- Marshall Wood accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (14).
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring 23 times in 25 games this season.
- Marshall Wood has led the team in rebounding three times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has four straight 20+ point games.
- Cadarian Raines set a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- Marshall Wood recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marshall Wood recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Will Johnston.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Marquis Rankin.
|C+||J. van Zegeren||14||2||3||0||0||0||0|