(10-17, 4-12 away)
(6-19, 5-8 home)
Venue: Timmons Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||C Geffrard Jr. 19
||T Williams 13
||C Miller 6
||C Reddick 14
||C Reddick 8
||C Reddick 3
Samford squared off with Furman on Saturday, Feb. 16 and got a win on the road against the Paladins 64-53 in conference action. The Bulldogs got a double-double out of Tim Williams with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Clide Geffrard Jr. also had a good outing, scoring a game-high 19 points and adding five rebounds. For the Paladins, Colin Reddick got a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 21 when Samford (10-17, 8-6 SoCon) hosts Elon (17-8, 10-3 SoCon).
Samford Game Notes
- Samford beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Samford has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its field goal percentage has been 47.1 percent or better.
- Samford has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Samford has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- Tim Williams recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Clide Geffrard Jr. and Raijon Kelly) accounted for 56.2 percent of the points.
- Tim Williams accounted for 35.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has led the team in scoring in six out of 27 games this season.
- Tim Williams has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 27 games this season.
- Tim Williams recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tim Williams recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- Connor Miller had a career high with six assists.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Clide Geffrard Jr..
Furman Game Notes
- This loss extended the Paladins losing streak to six games.
- Kendrec Ferrara recorded a team season high in blocks with four.
- The top two scorers (Colin Reddick and Bryant Irwin) accounted for 50.9 percent of the points.
- Colin Reddick accounted for 34.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Colin Reddick has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 13 times in 25 games this season.
|A||C. Geffrard Jr.||34||19||5||1||1||1||3|