On Saturday, Feb. 16, Creighton took on Evansville and nipped the Aces 71-68 in The Valley play. The Bluejays stay unbeaten against Evansville this season at 2-0. The Bluejays got a double-double out of Doug McDermott with a game-high 21 points and 10 rebounds. Grant Gibbs scored nine points and added six assists. For the Aces, Ned Cox finished with a team-high 18 points and four rebounds. Next up for Creighton (21-6, 10-5 The Valley) is Southern Illinois (10-15, 3-11 The Valley) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on their home court.
Creighton Game Notes
- Creighton started 21-6 during the 2008 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Creighton has won every game this season (11-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.2 percent or better.
- The Bluejays have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording 14 or more free throws made.
- Creighton has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Creighton has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- Creighton has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) after holding an opponent to under 40.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Creighton has won 84 percent of the time (16-3) when Doug McDermott has 21 points or more, 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Austin Chatman has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Jahenns Manigat has three three-pointers or more.
- Creighton has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Bluejays came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Doug McDermott and Austin Chatman) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 22 times and in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Austin Chatman had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the 49th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has three straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 28th of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Grant Gibbs.
Evansville Game Notes
- The Aces have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Evansville is 28-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Ned Cox and Colt Ryan) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Egidijus Mockevicius and Adam Wing) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Ned Cox has led the team in scoring four times in 27 games this season.
- Egidijus Mockevicius has led the team in rebounding six times in 27 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Colt Ryan's career.
- Colt Ryan has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Colt Ryan recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Colt Ryan set a career high with 10 assists.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Ryan Sawvell.