(15-11, 5-9 away)
Loyola (IL) 69
(14-12, 8-5 home)
Venue: Joseph J. Gentile Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Brown 13
||H Humes 4
||G Talton 8
||C Thomas 23
||C Thomas 11
||J White 5
Loyola (Chicago) beat UIC 69-60 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Christian Thomas earned a double-double for the Ramblers with a career-high 23 points and 11 rebounds. Jeff White scored six points and added five assists. Gary Talton got 10 points and eight assists for the Flames. Next up for Loyola (Chicago) (14-12, 4-9 Horizon) is Valparaiso (20-6, 10-2 Horizon) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on their home court.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Loyola (Chicago) started 14-12 during the 2010, 2009, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- LCU beat the spread by five points. That makes the 12th time this season the Ramblers have beaten the spread.
- The Ramblers have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording 35 or more rebounds.
- LCU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 23.8 percent three-point percentage.
- LCU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- LCU set season lows for steals (one) and turnovers (seven).
- This is the 11th game at home this season--LCU has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Christian Thomas accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Christian Thomas accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Christian Thomas has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Christian Thomas's career.
- Christian Thomas has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- Christian Thomas had career highs with 23 points and nine field goals made.
- Devon Turk has four straight double-digit point games.
UIC Game Notes
- Marc Brown has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Marc Brown.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Josh Crittle.