On Saturday, Feb. 16, Oklahoma lost on their home court to No. 17 Oklahoma State 84-79 in overtime. The Sooners are now 1-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Romero Osby picked up a double-double in the loss with a team-high 18 points and 15 rebounds. Sam Grooms had a career-high 18 points. Marcus Smart got a season-high 28 points and seven rebounds for the Cowboys. Oklahoma (16-8, 7-5 Big 12) gets Texas Tech (9-13, 2-9 Big 12) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma started 16-8 during the 2007, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- OU beat the spread by four points. That makes the 14th time this season the Sooners have beaten the spread.
- Oklahoma has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Sooners have played in nine overtime games with a record of 7-2.
- The Sooners have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oklahoma is 29-15 in close games.
- Prior to this game, OU played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 11-34.
- OU set a season low for blocks (one).
- This is the second loss of the season where the Sooners opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Romero Osby recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and defensive rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Steven Pledger and Romero Osby) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- Romero Osby accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Steven Pledger has led the team in scoring in six out of 24 games this season.
- Romero Osby has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 24 games this season.
- Romero Osby recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Romero Osby has three straight double-digit point games.
- Romero Osby recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and 10th of his career.
- Sam Grooms had career highs with 18 points and nine field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Amath M`Baye.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Marcus Smart recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- Marcus Smart accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding seven times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Marcus Smart's career.
- Marcus Smart has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Markel Brown has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Le`Bryan Nash's career.