(16-8, 4-6 away)
(17) Oklahoma State 84
(19-5, 14-1 home)
Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, February 16, 2013
||R Osby 18
||R Osby 15
||S Grooms 4
||M Smart 28
||M Smart 7
||M Smart 4
On Saturday, Feb. 16, No. 17 Oklahoma State topped Oklahoma 84-79 in overtime. With the win, the Cowboys tie the season series against Oklahoma at 1-1. Marcus Smart had an impressive game for the Cowboys and put up a season-high 28 points and seven rebounds. Le`Bryan Nash also had an outstanding game, scoring a season-high 26 points and adding five rebounds. Romero Osby registered a double-double for the Sooners on a team-high 18 points and 15 rebounds. The Cowboys are on a five-game win streak. Oklahoma State (19-5, 9-3 Big 12) welcomes 14th-ranked Kansas (20-4, 8-3 Big 12) on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Oklahoma State started 19-5 during the 2006 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Oklahoma extended the Oklahoma State winning streak to seven games.
- Oklahoma State has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Cowboys have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 8-3.
- The Cowboys have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Oklahoma State is 29-19 in close games.
- The Cowboys have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- Oklahoma State has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5 percent or better.
- OSU has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- This season Oklahoma State has won 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Markel Brown has 14 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Le`Bryan Nash plays 34 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Marcus Smart has three three-pointers or more.
- OSU set a season low for turnovers (five).
- The Cowboys have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Cowboys came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--OSU has a 16.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marcus Smart recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- Marcus Smart accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 7 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Marcus Smart's career.
- Marcus Smart has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Markel Brown has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Le`Bryan Nash's career.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- The Sooners have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oklahoma is 29-15 in close games.
- Romero Osby recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and defensive rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Steven Pledger and Romero Osby) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- Romero Osby accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Steven Pledger has led the team in scoring six times in 24 games this season.
- Romero Osby has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 24 games this season.
- Romero Osby recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Romero Osby has three straight double-digit point games.
- Romero Osby recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and 10th of his career.
- Sam Grooms set career highs with 18 points and nine field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Amath M`Baye.