On Saturday, Feb. 16, Purdue lost big against No. 1 Indiana 83-55 in conference play. The Boilermakers now have a record of 1-6 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Boilermakers were led by A.J. Hammons, who put up six points and three rebounds. Anthony Johnson had 11 points and added three rebounds. Will Sheehey got a game-high 22 points and three rebounds for the Hoosiers. This makes three losses in a row for the Boilermakers. Purdue (12-13, 5-7 Big Ten) gets Northwestern (13-12, 4-8 Big Ten) on their home court on Sunday, Feb. 24.
Purdue Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:22 left to go.
- The last time Purdue started the season 12-14 was 2001.
- Prior to this game, Purdue played 51 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 21-30.
- Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Boilermakers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5 percent or worse.
- Purdue has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.1 percent or better this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- Purdue set a season low for assists (seven).
- The Boilermakers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past six games.
- Purdue has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (nine).
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 26 games this season.
- Terone Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rapheal Davis.
Indiana Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Will Sheehey and Cody Zeller) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- Will Sheehey has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Christian Watford has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Will Sheehey's career.
- Will Sheehey set career highs with 22 points, nine field goals made, a 100 percent field goal percentage, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Cody Zeller has six straight double-digit point games.