(12-14, 3-7 away)
(1) Indiana 83
(23-3, 16-2 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IN)
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||A Johnson 11
||S Marcius 7
||A Johnson 2
||W Sheehey 22
||C Zeller 9
||J Hulls 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, No. 1 Indiana took on Purdue and blew out the Boilermakers 83-55 in conference play. The Hoosiers got the win with a game-high 22 points and three rebounds from Will Sheehey. Cody Zeller had 19 points and added nine rebounds. For the Boilermakers, A.J. Hammons finished with six points and three rebounds. Indiana (22-3, 10-2 Big Ten) takes on eighth-ranked Michigan State (21-4, 10-2 Big Ten) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on the road.
Indiana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:22 left to go.
- The win over Purdue extended the Indiana winning streak to three games.
- IU beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 11th time this season the Hoosiers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 15th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, IU has been on the winning end of 39 blowout games.
- The Hoosiers have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- Indiana has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 55.6 percent or better.
- Indiana has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- IU has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- IU has won every game this season (13-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Indiana has won 100 percent of the time (13-0) when Christian Watford has 14 points or more, 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Cody Zeller has seven field goals made or more, and 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Jordan Hulls has three three-pointers or more.
- The Hoosiers set a season high for blocks (seven).
- The Hoosiers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past nine games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--IU has a 27.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Will Sheehey and Cody Zeller) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- Will Sheehey has led the team in scoring in four out of 26 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 26 games this season.
- Christian Watford has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Will Sheehey's career.
- Will Sheehey had career highs with 22 points, nine field goals made, a 100 percent field goal percentage, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Cody Zeller has six straight double-digit point games.
Purdue Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Purdue has been on the losing end of eight blowout games.
- This loss extended the Boilermakers losing streak to three games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (nine).
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Terone Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rapheal Davis.