Virginia Military 78
(11-13, 4-9 away)
(11-16, 8-7 home)
Venue: John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||D Covington 31
||D Covington 15
||G Stephenson 4
||A Ryan 27
||R McCarter 10
||T Freeman 14
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Campbell took on Virginia Military Institute and beat the Keydets 87-78 in Big South play. The Fighting Camels tie the season series against Virginia Military Institute at 1-1 with the win. Trey Freeman got 10 points and 14 assists for the Fighting Camels, earning a double-double. Antwon Oliver also had an outstanding outing, scoring a career-high 17 points and adding four rebounds. D.J. Covington registered a double-double for the Keydets on a career-high 31 points and 15 rebounds. Campbell (11-16, 6-7 Big South) takes on Radford (12-15, 6-7 Big South) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on the road.
Campbell Game Notes
- Campbell started 11-16 during the 2006 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Fighting Camels have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 87 or more total points.
- Campbell has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 48.3 percent or better.
- This season Campbell has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Darian Hooker has three steals or more.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Campbell has a 4.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trey Freeman recorded a team season high in assists with 14.
- Andrew Ryan accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reco McCarter and Marvelle Harris) accounted for 45.2 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (18).
- The bench recorded more points (60) than the starters (27).
- Reco McCarter has led the team in rebounding in three out of 27 games this season.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Trey Freeman's career.
- Trey Freeman has three straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Freeman recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and third of his career.
- Trey Freeman had career highs with a 100 percent three-point percentage and 14 assists.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Andrew Ryan's career.
- Andrew Ryan had career highs with 27 points, nine field goals made, and three three-pointers.
- Reco McCarter recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Reco McCarter recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- This loss extended the Keydets losing streak to three games.
- D.J. Covington recorded a team season high in field goals made with 14.
- D.J. Covington accounted for 39.7 percent of the team's points.
- D.J. Covington accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- D.J. Covington has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 10 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of D.J. Covington's career.
- D.J. Covington has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for D.J. Covington.
- D.J. Covington recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and eighth of his career.
- D.J. Covington set career highs with 31 points, 14 field goals made, 15 rebounds, and four steals.