Georgia Tech 57
(14-10, 2-6 away)
Wake Forest 56
(11-14, 10-4 home)
Venue: Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Georges-Hunt 16
||B Reed 6
||M Udofia 6
||T McKie 15
||D Thomas 12
||C Miller-McIntyre 3
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Wake Forest took on Georgia Tech and was narrowly defeated by the Yellow Jackets 57-56 in conference play. With the loss, the Demon Deacons stay winless against Georgia Tech this season at 0-2. The Demon Deacons were paced by Travis McKie, who put up a team-high 15 points and six rebounds. Devin Thomas had nine points and added 12 rebounds. Daniel Miller finished with 13 points and six rebounds (5 Blk 3 Ast) for the Yellow Jackets. Wake Forest (11-14, 4-9 ACC) gets third-ranked Miami (FL) (19-3, 11-0 ACC) on their home court on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- The last time WFU started the season 11-14 was 2011.
- The Demon Deacons have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wake Forest is 24-19 in close games.
- Wake Forest has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording five or fewer steals.
- The Demon Deacons have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- Wake Forest has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- WFU set a season low for field goals made (14).
- This is the 13th game at home this season--WFU has a 5.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devin Thomas recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Harris and Travis McKie) accounted for 53.5 percent of the points.
- Devin Thomas accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Harris has led the team in scoring in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 25 games this season.
- Travis McKie has three straight double-digit point games.
- Devin Thomas recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Harris has nine straight double-digit point games.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The Yellow Jackets won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia Tech is 22-36 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Georges-Hunt and Daniel Miller) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in scoring seven times in 24 games this season.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has three straight double-digit point games.
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||5||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|B||A. Roundtree III||15||4||2||0||2||4||2|
|B||A. Adala Moto||18||8||3||0||1||0||1|