(12-13, 5-9 away)
Venue: Alumni Hall (MD)
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||E Ellis 12
||K Toth 5
||D Cox 3
||W Smith 14
||W Smith 8
||T Dunbar 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Navy took on Army and let one slip away to the Black Knights 56-55 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Worth Smith put up a game-high 14 points and eight rebounds in the Midshipmen loss. Tilman Dunbar had 12 points. Dylan Cox finished with nine points and three rebounds for the Black Knights. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Navy (7-19, 1-9 Patriot) welcomes American University (9-15, 4-5 Patriot).
Navy Game Notes
- The last time Navy started the season 7-19 was 2002.
- The Midshipmen have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Navy is 25-34 in close games.
- Navy has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Midshipmen have lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 37.2 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.5 percent or better this season, Navy has lost 100 percent of the time (0-13).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Navy has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Navy has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- Navy set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- Navy has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Midshipmen opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Navy has a -2.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Worth Smith and Tilman Dunbar) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Worth Smith accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Worth Smith has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 19 times in 26 games this season.
- Worth Smith has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for James Loupos.
Army Game Notes
- The Black Knights won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Army is 24-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Wilson and Ella Ellis) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- Kyle Wilson has led the team in scoring nine times in 25 games this season.
- Kyle Toth has led the team in rebounding six times in 25 games this season.
- Kyle Wilson has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Ella Ellis has six straight double-digit point games.