On Saturday, Feb. 16, Army took on Navy and got by the Midshipmen 56-55 in Patriot play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Black Knights were led by Dylan Cox, who got nine points and three rebounds. Ella Ellis scored a team-high 12 points. For the Midshipmen, Worth Smith finished with a game-high 14 points and eight rebounds. Army (12-13, 5-5 Patriot) takes on Colgate (9-17, 3-6 Patriot) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at home.
Army Game Notes
- Army has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.5 percent or better.
- Army has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 23.1 percent three-point percentage.
- Army has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 25 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Army has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Kyle Wilson plays 32 minutes or more.
- The Black Knights have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Army has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Black Knights came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Wilson and Ella Ellis) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- Kyle Wilson has led the team in scoring in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Kyle Toth has led the team in rebounding in six out of 25 games this season.
- Kyle Wilson has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Ella Ellis has six straight double-digit point games.
Navy Game Notes
- The Midshipmen have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Navy is 25-34 in close games.
- This loss extended the Midshipmen losing streak to seven games.
- The top two scorers (Worth Smith and Tilman Dunbar) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Worth Smith accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Worth Smith has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 19 times in 26 games this season.
- Worth Smith has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for James Loupos.