Charleston Southern 73
(14-9, 6-6 away)
UNC Asheville 65
(15-12, 9-4 home)
Venue: Kimmel Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||S Nimley 18
||P Gombwer 10
||S Nimley 7
||T Meyer 27
||D Cunningham 10
||T Meyer 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Charleston Southern got a victory on the road against North Carolina-Asheville 73-65 in conference action. With a record of 2-0, the Buccaneers stay unbeaten against North Carolina-Asheville this season. Arlon Harper had a big game for the Buccaneers and got 17 points and seven rebounds. Saah Nimley had a team-high 18 points and added seven rebounds. Trent Meyer finished with a career-high 27 points (5 Ast 4 Reb 4 Stl) for the Bulldogs, making 7 of 12 from three-point range. Next up for Charleston Southern (14-9, 9-3 Big South) is Presbyterian (6-20, 3-9 Big South) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on their home court.
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- Charleston Southern started 14-9 during the 2011 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Buccaneers have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Charleston Southern has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.8 percent or better.
- CSU has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.9 percent field goal percentage.
- CSU has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 35 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Charleston Southern has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Mathiang Muo has four field goals made or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Saah Nimley has four three-pointers or more.
- CSU set season lows for blocks (zero) and free throws made (five).
- Charleston Southern has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Saah Nimley and Arlon Harper) accounted for 47.9 percent of the points.
- Saah Nimley has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 23 games this season.
- Paul Gombwer has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 23 games this season.
- Arlon Harper has six straight double-digit point games.
- Arlon Harper had a career high with six assists.
- Saah Nimley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Mathiang Muo has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Paul Gombwer recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Paul Gombwer had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and eight defensive rebounds.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- Trent Meyer recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- Trent Meyer accounted for 41.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Cunningham and Jeremy Atkinson) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Trent Meyer has led the team in scoring four times in 27 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding seven times in 27 games this season.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Trent Meyer's career.
- Trent Meyer set career highs with 27 points, 10 field goals made, and seven three-pointers.
- Keith Hornsby has nine straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.