Charleston Southern 73
(14-9, 6-6 away)
UNC Asheville 65
(15-12, 9-4 home)
Venue: Kimmel Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||S Nimley 18
||P Gombwer 10
||S Nimley 7
||T Meyer 27
||D Cunningham 10
||T Meyer 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, North Carolina-Asheville took on Charleston Southern and was beaten at home by the Buccaneers 73-65 in conference play. With the loss, the Bulldogs remain winless against Charleston Southern this season at 0-2. The Bulldogs got a career-high 27 points (5 Ast 4 Reb 4 Stl) from Trent Meyer, with 21 points coming from three-point range. Jeremy Atkinson had 15 points and added seven rebounds. For the Buccaneers, Arlon Harper finished with 17 points and seven rebounds. North Carolina-Asheville (15-12, 9-4 Big South) travels to Coastal Carolina (12-11, 7-5 Big South) on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The last time UNCA started the season 15-12 was 2000.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 37.9 percent or worse.
- North Carolina-Asheville has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording 65 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.8 percent or better this season, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 44 or more rebounds this season, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Bulldogs set a season high for three-pointers (nine).
- UNCA set a season low for free throws made (six).
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UNCA has a 10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trent Meyer recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- Trent Meyer accounted for 41.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Cunningham and Jeremy Atkinson) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Trent Meyer has led the team in scoring in four out of 27 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Trent Meyer's career.
- Trent Meyer had career highs with 27 points, 10 field goals made, and seven three-pointers.
- Keith Hornsby has nine straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Saah Nimley and Arlon Harper) accounted for 47.9 percent of the points.
- Saah Nimley has led the team in scoring 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Paul Gombwer has led the team in rebounding eight times in 23 games this season.
- Arlon Harper has six straight double-digit point games.
- Arlon Harper set a career high with six assists.
- Saah Nimley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Mathiang Muo has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Paul Gombwer recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Paul Gombwer set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and eight defensive rebounds.