Iowa State outscored TCU 42-18 from behind the three-point line and thumped the Horned Frogs 87-53 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The game was never in question, with Iowa State taking an insurmountable 38-21 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Cyclones stay unbeaten against TCU this season at 2-0. Georges Niang put on a show for the Cyclones and put up a season-high 19 points and six rebounds. Will Clyburn had 16 points and added eight rebounds. Kyan Anderson got a team-high 11 points (8 Ast 3 Stl) for the Horned Frogs. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Iowa State (17-8, 7-5 Big 12) heads to Baylor (16-8, 7-4 Big 12).
Iowa State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:29 left to go.
- ISU beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- This was the eighth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, ISU has been on the winning end of 34 blowout games.
- The Cyclones have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Iowa State has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its three-point percentage has been 48.3 percent or better.
- ISU has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.2 percent field goal percentage.
- ISU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Iowa State has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Will Clyburn has 16 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Melvin Ejim has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Georges Niang has four free throws made or more.
- The Cyclones set a season high for three-pointers (14).
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--ISU has a 20.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Georges Niang and Will Clyburn) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- Georges Niang has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in rebounding in six out of 25 games this season.
- Tyrus McGee has five straight double-digit point games.
TCU Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, TCU has been on the losing end of 19 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Horned Frogs losing streak to three games.
- Kyan Anderson has led the team in scoring seven times in 25 games this season.
- Adrick McKinney has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 25 games this season.
- Kyan Anderson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kyan Anderson set a career high with eight assists.
- Connell Crossland has three straight double-digit point games.