Iowa State 87
(17-8, 15-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, February 16, 2013
||K Anderson 11
||A McKinney 6
||K Anderson 8
||G Niang 19
||W Clyburn 8
||K Lucious 6
TCU was outscored 42-18 from beyond the arc by Iowa State and lost big against the Cyclones 87-53 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The game got away from TCU early, as they dug themselves a 38-21 hole at halftime and never got back into it. With the loss, the Horned Frogs remain winless against Iowa State this season at 0-2. Kyan Anderson put up a team-high 11 points (8 Ast 3 Stl) in a losing effort. Connell Crossland scored 10 points and added four rebounds. Georges Niang finished with a season-high 19 points and six rebounds for the Cyclones. This makes three losses in a row for the Horned Frogs. TCU (10-15, 1-11 Big 12) welcomes Texas (11-12, 3-7 Big 12) on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
TCU Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:29 left to go.
- TCU started 10-15 during the 2010 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- TCU has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording five or fewer free throws made.
- The Horned Frogs have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2 percent or worse.
- TCU has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9 percent or better this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 48.3 percent or better this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- The Horned Frogs set a season high for three-pointers (six).
- TCU set a season low for free throws made (five).
- TCU has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- Kyan Anderson has led the team in scoring in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Adrick McKinney has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Kyan Anderson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kyan Anderson had a career high with eight assists.
- Connell Crossland has three straight double-digit point games.
Iowa State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Georges Niang and Will Clyburn) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- Georges Niang has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in rebounding six times in 25 games this season.
- Tyrus McGee has five straight double-digit point games.
|B-||N. Butler Lind||20||6||4||0||2||1||1|
|C+||C. Hill Jr.||29||9||3||2||0||0||1|
|-||Clyde Smith III||3||2||0||1||0||0||0|