(7) Florida 83
(21-3, 7-3 away)
(9-16, 8-9 home)
Venue: Auburn Arena
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Rosario 22
||E Murphy 6
||S Wilbekin 10
||C Denson 13
||A Payne 7
||S Johnson 3
On an afternoon when they were outshot 57.4 percent-35.2 percent by the Gators, Auburn was punished by No. 7 Florida 83-52 in conference play. The game got away from Auburn early, as they dug themselves a 47-22 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Tigers stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. Chris Denson put up a team-high 13 points on 62.5 percent shooting in 25 minutes in a losing effort. Shaquille Johnson had eight points and added four rebounds. For the Gators, Mike Rosario finished with a season-high 22 points and five assists. This makes three losses in a row for the Tigers. Auburn (9-16, 3-9 SEC) hosts Texas A&M (15-8, 5-5 SEC) on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Auburn Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:14 left to go.
- The last time Auburn started the season 9-16 was 2010.
- Prior to this game, Auburn played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-16.
- Auburn has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- The Tigers have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Auburn has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Auburn has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Auburn has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Auburn has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Auburn has a 2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chris Denson and Jordan Price) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (27) than the starters (25).
- Chris Denson has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- Allen Payne has led the team in rebounding in three out of 25 games this season.
- Chris Denson has three straight double-digit point games.
Florida Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Michael Frazier II) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring 10 times in 24 games this season.
- Erik Murphy has led the team in rebounding five times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Mike Rosario's career.
- Mike Rosario has six straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Rosario set a career high with five assists.
- Erik Murphy has three straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Scottie Wilbekin's career.
- Scottie Wilbekin set a career high with 10 assists.
|A||M. Frazier II||22||18||3||0||0||0||0|
|D+||Brian Greene Jr||13||2||1||0||0||0||0|