(7) Florida 83
(21-3, 7-3 away)
(9-16, 8-9 home)
Venue: Auburn Arena
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Rosario 22
||E Murphy 6
||S Wilbekin 10
||C Denson 13
||A Payne 7
||S Johnson 3
No. 7 Florida outshot Auburn 57.4 percent-35.2 percent and easily knocked off the Tigers 83-52 in SEC play on Saturday, Feb. 16. Florida was up big at the break, 47-22, and didn't let up in the second half. The Gators got the win with a season-high 22 points and five assists from Mike Rosario. Kenny Boynton also had an outstanding outing, scoring 16 points and adding five rebounds. Chris Denson finished with a team-high 13 points on 62.5 percent shooting for the Tigers. This makes three wins in a row for the Gators. Florida (21-3, 11-1 SEC) goes to Missouri (18-6, 7-4 SEC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:14 left to go.
- The last time UF started the season 21-3 was 2005.
- The win over Auburn extended the Florida winning streak to three games.
- UF beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Gators have beaten the spread.
- This was the 14th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UF has been on the winning end of 58 blowout games.
- The Gators have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 83 or more total points.
- Florida has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 57.4 percent or better.
- Florida has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- UF has won every game this season (15-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- UF has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Florida has won 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Erik Murphy has 11 points or more, 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Kenny Boynton plays 33 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Scottie Wilbekin has three steals or more.
- The Gators set season highs for assists (25) and three-pointers (15).
- The last time UF recorded at least 25 assists was Dec 09, 2011 against Rider.
- The Gators have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Michael Frazier II) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Erik Murphy has led the team in rebounding in five out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Mike Rosario's career.
- Mike Rosario has six straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Rosario had a career high with five assists.
- Erik Murphy has three straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Scottie Wilbekin's career.
- Scottie Wilbekin had a career high with 10 assists.
Auburn Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Auburn has been on the losing end of 13 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Denson and Jordan Price) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (27) than the starters (25).
- Chris Denson has led the team in scoring six times in 25 games this season.
- Allen Payne has led the team in rebounding three times in 25 games this season.
- Chris Denson has three straight double-digit point games.
|A||M. Frazier II||22||18||3||0||0||0||0|
|D+||Brian Greene Jr||13||2||1||0||0||0||0|