On Saturday, Feb. 16, No. 16 Pittsburgh lost in front of the home crowd against No. 18 Marquette 79-69 in conference play. The Panthers are now 3-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Panthers were paced by Lamar Patterson, who put up a game-high 19 points and five rebounds. Tray Woodall scored 10 points. For the Golden Eagles, Jamil Wilson got 13 points and eight rebounds. Pittsburgh (19-6, 7-5 Big East) takes on 21st-ranked Notre Dame (20-6, 8-5 Big East) on Monday, Feb. 18 on their home court.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The last time Pittsburgh started the season 20-6 was 2009.
- Prior to this game, Pittsburgh played 48 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 25-23.
- Pittsburgh has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Pittsburgh has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Pittsburgh set a season low for rebounds (24).
- The top two scorers (Lamar Patterson and Tray Woodall) accounted for 42.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Lamar Patterson and Steven Adams) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 5 times in 26 games this season.
- Tray Woodall has five straight double-digit point games.
Marquette Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Davante Gardner) accounted for 41.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamil Wilson and Vander Blue) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (15).
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 13 times in 24 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has led the team in rebounding six times in 24 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Blue set career highs with a 88 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.